The Law of Coolness Transference
- Jess: my dad is lame. i dont know what a cool dad is like
- Me: well you and my dad can high five. then you can high five your dad. and he will be cool
- jess: haha, the law of coolness transference
I think I would have more appreciation forbeautiful days
if I were able to see the seasons change.
“I like the dark part of the night, after midnight and before four-thirty, when it’s hollow, when ceilings are harder and farther away. Then I can breathe, and can think while others are sleeping, in a way can stop time, can have it so - this has always been my dream - so that while everyone else is frozen, I can work busily about them, doing whatever it is that needs to be done, like the elves who make shoes while the children sleep” —A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius by Dave Eggers
you're big-time when you get butter labeled after yourself
- Me: Are you sure you don't want me to get butter?
- Jess: I have, don't worry
- Me: we always use your ingredients and I feel bad! I should buy a giant tub of butter and label it JESS MEETUPS ONLY